Basic Policy Regarding the Protection of Personal Information
The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo understands the importance of personal information and will endeavor to protect personal information in accordance with related laws and other standards.
1． About the Obtaining of Personal Information
The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo will obtain personal information via the following methods.
- Attendee registration (prior registration and registration on day of attendance)
- Various applications
2． Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Personal information provided to The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo through various inquiries, lecture applications, attendee registration, and other matters related to the Committee’s undertakings will be shared only within The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo, and will be used for the following purposes.
- To send proof of attendance for the registered attendance, and to send information relating to exhibitions.
- To send reception slips, etc. for lectures, seminars, etc. that have been applied for, and to send information relating to such.
- To send exhibition fee invoices for exhibition applications, and to send information necessary for other operations.
- To send information about projects organized by The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo.
- To ask for opinions and impressions in order to improve exhibitions, seminars, and other services, and to conduct planning for other services.
3． Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo will not disclose personal information to a third party, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which the owner of the personal information consents to disclosure.
- Cases in which part or all of handling of personal information is entrusted to an outside contractor on a scale necessary to accomplish the above Purposes of Use.
- In the case of a request by a court of law or some other legal request, or when permitted by law.
- In the case of disclosure of personal information in a state in which individuals cannot be identified.
4． Management of Personal Information
The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo, Administrative Office members, and contractors will be supervised so that personal information is handled appropriately, and measures will be adopted to prevent leaking, loss, manipulation, etc. of said information.
5． Disclosure of Registered Content of Personal Information / Additions to and Alteration, Correction, and Deletion of Registered Information
The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo will disclose the registered content of personal information it holds or perform additions to, alteration, correction, and/or deletion of said information in the event that the owner of said information requests such. Such requests can only be made by the owner of said personal information.
6． About the Expo Website
When users provide personal information through the KYOTO SMART CITY EXPO 2018 website, information will be encrypted via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and efforts will be made to ensure security.
The Organizing Committee of Kyoto Smart City Expo will bear no responsibility for ensuring the security of customers’ personal information provided to third party websites whose links appear on the KYOTO SMART CITY EXPO 2018 website.
- For inquiries regarding personal information, please contact
Administrative Office of Kyoto Smart City Expo 2018
1 Nishinokyo Tokudaijicho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, 604-8445
(c/o Shimadzu Advertising & Communications Co., Ltd.)
TEL ： +81-(0)75-823-1109 FAX ： +81-(0)75-823-3659